Friday, January 09, 2009

man flue? no - I'm ill. Honest.

Lots of blogs today. I'm off work ill. No, really. I'm actually wasting perfectly good sick leave being sick.
On Saturday I went up the wrekin with Monkey. It was lovely up there. The hill broke through the fog so it was in bright sunshine. The fog hid everything below, just a white sea across to the malverns, long mynd & assorted other high places who's names I should know. Then on the way down I slipped on the ice. Somehow my stick (hand carved by pygmies in darkest Zaire) ended up under me. Fortunately it snapped, rather than my spine, but I gave my shoulder (the good one) a bit of a knock. And so I chose to lay there for a while. Assorted old people offered to help me up & monkey laughed.
Sunday I was fine. Had a date Sunday. More on that in future blogs (but its going good). Then on Monday I couldn't stand. My back was knackered & all my joints ached. Sickie. Tuesday the back was better, but the joint pain was worse. & I was sweating and shivering. Then the throat went. Damn it, Tonsillitis. Been off all week. To be honest, I probably could/should have gone in today. It still feels like I'm swallowing razors but everything else is fine. I'm sure I'll make it to the pub tonight.
Normally I give up beer for a month in order to detox & lose weight after Christmas. But the Tonsillitis has caused me to sweat off half a stone & radio 4's today program told me that detox was a myth. Who am I to argue.?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're ill ...but in the same way that I tried to stop the Spanish girl who worked in our office recently from introducing herself as "Hello my name is Marlies and I am from Barcelona" (which was always followed by fits of laughter)...you should never say "I've been on a date and now have a bad back."
Those with a dirty mind (you know who you are) would simply tell you that you're doing it wrong.
Take care (for a change)
Robin

7:05 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Get well you old toad!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Cynnie said...

dont you hate wasting perfectly good sick days ?

heh, veri word..barting..
that so should be a word

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home