Thursday, April 05, 2007

Ring my bell

Much against my will I was provided with a mobile phone by work.
Not medically safe I said. Damages the brain, lowers the sperm count, & socially is a sort of electronic ghonorea. Bad luck, they said. Have a phone.

On the first day I got a call, fortunately it rang before I switched on the washing machine. It spent two days in the boot of my car. Which was fairly satisfactory. But on day 4 I had it with me. And work called. See, there's another good reason for not having a mobile phone. People call you. When I'm sitting in my greenhouse I really don't want to talk work. Since then I've not seen it. I was confident it would turn up. But at the weekend I cleaned the house & there was no sign. I have checked everywhere I can think. Zilch. zip. Nada. And I look at the shrubbery that I recently covered with barck chippings and I wonder...

ho hum.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now Rich, you know its in your pants on vibrate mode. Oh Please ring! Please ring! I wouldnt worry about the sperm count thing either. I tried counting mine once. I got to seven.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Modern life seems to be an illness to you.

I like it, don't go changing.

5:39 PM  
Blogger M is for... said...

Working for a telecom company, is it mandated I have a work cell phone - oh joy.

However, it was not mandated I have a boss who is helpless and a brat.

I've been called:
a. @ 11;30 PM on a Saturday while on a date and by on a date, like not all the way dressed. dispite it being 11:30 PM on a saturday the phone would not stop - WOULD NOT STOP. "Um Maggi, could you remind me what time my fligth tomorrow evening is" "Um Boss, not at the moment"

b. in the recovery after surgery. I was stupid and left my phone on in my purse. My dear mother comes in, "Maggi, how are you feeling? are you awake? Are you in pain? Your boss keeps calling your cell phone" that's when I push the morphine button and faded back into oblivion


Work cell phones, much like the work day, should only function from 8 am to 5 pm.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home