Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ok. I have been a blogshy slacker. Apologies.

So whats new with OMR I hear you ask. I had a week off to do the garden. Except that I was summoned in to work for two days. Oh Joy. Still, I made some progress. I moved two trees. Ok small trees but never the less, it took some digging. Sorted out 3 beds & barked them so they should be low maintenence. Moved a ton of gravel. wished I hadn't. I'm not really built for shovelling gravel. I also spent a day at a huge garden center with old Bob. I spent money I didnt have on assorted shrubs & ate the Biggest slice of carrot cake in the history of, erm, well carrot cake I suppose. Then we found out that its an error to buy plants that are larger than the inside of your car. Bob had a yew tree resting on his head for the return journey.

I have also had my hall decorated. Looks good. So now I need to get curtain rails back up. But that also applies to my new and lovely bathroom. And thats been on the list for a month. I may do that tonight, depending on when I leave work.

Ah, work. The nice new defect management job I lined up didn't happen. No, my boss left & I inherited the poisened chalice that was his role. So, first day, its 6.30 in the evening & I am tidying up some loose ends and prepareing for a client meeting on friday. Bang. There is a one second power glitch. Every server in the building crashes horribly. We lose all the test environments & I spend all friday in client meetings looking like a complete ass. So, off to a good start.

So todays sunday. And I am in Tamworth. 'Don't worry' they said. 'It will all be working by sunday' they said. How can I put it politely? Erm. Nothing is working. and, erm, BOLLOCKS !!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hello! Wondered where you'd gotten to. Did you go all the way to America to visit a Garden Center?

3:11 PM  
Blogger Tea said...

Hope things go better next meeting. Are you going to show your redo?

tea
xo

1:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Shrubs AND carrot cake? I want to visit a garden center like that. Mine has a couple of lukewarm orange sodas by the cash register. Doesn't compare.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home