Monday, February 12, 2007

Bin and Gone

They stole two of my bins, damn them. I followed the wheel tracks in the snow up to the waste ground. And there they were, smashed to pieces, contents scattered everywhere. Obviously a failed attempt to convert them into sledges, presumably by the ill bred semi literate children of poor people. They all need a good flogging. Bring back national service I say. So now the snow has gone & there are these wrecked bins & piles of rubbish on the waste ground. I’m feeling a bit guilty about the mess, but so far not guilty enough to go and tidy it up.

So to celebrate my new status as a single bin family I popped into the crown on Friday night. Where evil lord Merkin led me astray. The walk home is a little hazy, but I do recall lying face down in the snow frantically shovelling my kebab back into its Styrofoam box.

After the excitement of Fridays Cricket match, (England needed one run with three balls remaining when my internet connection went down & the office were treated to some spectacular Anglo Saxon adjectives) and a much needed victory down under, I was geared up to an excellent weekend of rugby. Well, what a sore disappointment. England beat the Italians. That’s about all you can say in their favour. It was probably the most excruciatingly boring 80 minutes of rugby in the history of the game. The Scotland – Wales game was a little better, but possibly only because I was a little drunker. And they did have the excuse of appalling playing conditions, unlike the English. Still the English Cricketers had another fine win against the Ozzies on Sunday and the Ireland - France game was pretty exciting, with France scoring a try in the 77th Minuit to win by three points.

This triumph of sport and alcohol over common sense meant that I got nothing done at chez rich this weekend. And Monkeys Dad is decorating my hall this week. I will have to pop home at lunchtime and apologise for the mess. But there's not much point in my cleaning – I have nowhere to put the rubbish.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Bin thiefs?

Pikey bastards!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you never cleaned up for me!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Tea said...

Crazy things to swipe, I`d say. Most serious almost losing your kebab though.

tea
xo

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home