Saturday, February 03, 2007

Its such a perfect day

Today the sun was out. It has been a crap week. It bottomed out around thursday. On the way to work a bloke jumped a red light. I swerved to miss him, not realising that a police motorcyclist was cutting through on my inside. Amazingly no one was hurt and I left a very irate policeman admonishing a suitably downcast motorist. So got into work to find out that everything I had done for the last week was a complete waste of time. Stormed out of a meeting, which resulted in people asking me if I was ok all day. NO I'm F***** not. Still, I avoided giving anyone a slap.
Crap. Crap. Crap.

But this morning was one of those fantastic frosty sunny winter days. I potted up last years geranium cuttings, planted some primroses & added a couple of ivy plants to my hawthorne hedge. My hands and feet were numb with cold, snot froze to my top lip, And I mislaid about six mugs of tea. But the birds were chirping, snowdrops wereflowering and it was fantastic.

And now I'm going to go to the pub and watch England demolish Scotland in the rugby. Sometimes its a great life.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a Woopecker on saturday!
Brilliant.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Few things are better than spectator sports after a long week. It's a wonderful excuse to be idle while criticizing people far more athletic than us as they beat the crap out of each other.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I'm glad you had a nice day after a crappy week. I hope this week is going better!

I'm also happy to hear you are not clenching your cheeks together. At least your gut is under control and you can enjoy the Crown properly!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Saturday. It's wonderful sticking your hands in dirt, isn't it. And I hope that at least you gave yourself credit for your defensive driving. I'm glad no one was hurt.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I want to see a Woopecker.

Perhaps it's what a gentleman might suffer from when he's had a good dose of cider.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home