Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I like to ride my bicycle

Its just to dark in the evenings to go cycling. And whilst I am working away I don’t get my daily stroll to the office. So, to combat the ever expanding waist I invested in an exercise cycle. On the plus side it was very cheap. On the minus side its designed for dwarves & I smack my knees repeatedly on the handlebars whenever I use it. You can set the friction to 0 or 100%. Unfortunately, there’s nothing in between. This means that either your legs whiz round at a frantic pace getting ever more scabby, or its rather like trying to cycle up the side of a mountain, but without the option of getting off & pushing. I suspect this evil device will shortly make a one way trip to the garage & never be seen again. Still, I sweated quite a lot putting it together, so its done me some good.

4 Comments:

Blogger M is for... said...

I have a contraption I use during the cold months that I can put my bicycle on so I can ride it indoors - I do quite like it. It was mildly spendy but worth it as I'm in training for a ride in June from San Francisco to Los Angeles (545 miles) for charity. (shameless plug -> donations VERY welcome =)sieiro@gmail.com)


Ride On OMR

6:24 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I was wondering the other day if you were still riding your bike to work. Wouldn't that be good to work off some stress?

We have an exercise bike that is really cool. I use the program that sets the tension automatically to keep my heartrate in the 70-80% range.

Take care of those knees!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Cynnie said...

Since I'm tall..my knees bang into a lot of things..

Don't even ask about airplane seats ..
One day you'll hear about some crazy american woman beating the fuck out of a lot of airline employees..
And you can say...
hey i know her!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops!--try a treadmill next time.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home