Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summertime, and the living is easy...

Mr Austin, my building bitch, laid my new patio on Saturday. First we lifted the old one. I moved a grand total of five slabs & was a complete wreck. So I went out & bought myself a sack truck. Its yellow and cheap. And after 10 minutes the wheels fell off. But OMR is nothing if not a sack truck repair expert, so it was fixed in a jiffy. The new slabs were delivered (I won't mention the cost in case I cry) and builder boy set to with a vengance. So the patio is mainly done & looks mighty fine. And like the sack truck its yellow.

I also bought some goldfish for pond no. 2. They are red and yellow. But no sign of them this morning so they are either hiding or the cats have had them already. The rest of the garden abounds with baby frogs. They seem to be everywhere except in the wildlife pond. I create a frog des res & they treat it like some sort of ghetto from which they must escape. Ingrates.

So things progress apace in the garden. The sun shines, the birds tweet (actually, the blackbirds scream incessantly from 4.30 am) the bees buzz, the flowers flower & the lawn turns brown. Its summer and life is good at chez Rich.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Sounds so peaceful!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I spent some time getting dirty with tomato plants today. There's something wonderfully satisfying about working to exhaustion in the summer sun. Too bad baby frogs wouldn't survive in the desert of my backyard.

8:19 PM  
Blogger BigDaddyMerk said...

my tomato plants are going mad, I need to try and get a photo.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home