Friday, March 24, 2006

going, going...

I have been sweating on a few drunken bids on eBay. Fortunately, with minutes to go I was comfortably out bid on most of it. Thing was, I was damn nearly tempted to rebid on some of it. I didn't want it. Couldn't afford it. But...oooh.
So what's that about? I'm 40 years old and I have never had a competitive urge in my life. But someone out bids me for a lego Darth Vader minifigure & I come over all Daley Thompson.
Note to self: never play eBay chicken.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ebay chicken is a great game. its the only thing that makes my job tolerable.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scuse my ignorance, but whats ebay chicken?

3:40 PM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

Get a group of players together. The more the better. Everyone puts down their stake. The people I know who play do so for £1 a head (its more of an honour thing) but I know some people play for serious money.
Choose am item on ebay to bid on. traditionally, it should be completely worthless, tacky rubbish. If your playing at work its handy if the item expires at about 4pm on a friday.
Bid away. The person who makes the highest non winning bid takes the pot. Of course, if you make the winning bid you have to buy the item. (and in this office you have to have it displayed on your desk with a lable saying what you paid for it). hours of fun.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

The joys of a free market economy.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isnt that how you aquire most of your jumpers Rich?

5:37 PM  
Blogger BigDaddyMerk said...

no, he steals them from dead people.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

never bid on ebay drunk

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home