Monday, February 27, 2006

A silent spring? Not on my watch...

Some scientists think we are entering the 6th great extinction phase of earths history. And whilst mans brutal treatment of the planet has speeded this process up it is as inevitable as the loss of the dinosaurs. Let them go gracefully they say. link here -->
Others think that every species must be fought for. That however certain defeat looks, we must fight the fight. Go kicking and screaming, and maybe, just maybe, we will get the odd victory that makes it worthwhile. link here -->

Well, OMR is strictly in the second camp. I want a future with frogs. And I believe we can have that. This planet has enough space, water & resources for the human species to double in number, everyone to have enough to eat & still have room for wildlife. And if we used the money, time & brainpower we dedicate to developing new and exciting ways to kill each other to saving this planet, it really isn’t that hard.

Ok. Maybe that’s wishful thinking. But I will get out there tonight and dig a bit more of the pond, rather than sitting in the pub where I’d rather be. And I will vote for the guy who speaks up for the environment, and let him know that’s why he got my vote. And if we all do that, who knows? Maybe, just maybe, our children’s children will still have frogs.

5 Comments:

Blogger BigDaddyMerk said...

just remember Pubs are a dying species too Rich. They need YOUR support.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have first hand evidence of this. My cat got runover on Admaston Road. I feel this may signify the start of a feline demise, especially in the micro ecosystem that is our house.

Fortunately, she's making a good recovery, but that is not the point. She almost croaked. Like the frogs.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Damn right we need frogs!

What can I do to help?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I vote we Photoshop a frog into Daniel's hands.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Stavros just made my day.

OMR, you need to know about this guy, Paul.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home