Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bricks, Ball games, beer and back ache

On Saturday morning I started digging the wildlife pond. About a foot down I hit what I hope is the brick floor of an old pigsty, but I fear may be something more sinister. So progress was somewhat limited. In the afternoon I watched Scottish passion triumph over English complacency in the Calcutta cup. And drunk a lot of beer.

Today I have a combination of diggers back and hangover. I made it briefly from my bed to the couch to watch the Irish thrash the Welsh. But then returned to my pit. I am not a well man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Tough life.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very glad we don't win more often. With your help, I drank six year's worth of celebratory beer. I've made it back to work but am still breaking out in cold sweats and having episodes of shaking. And bed is still 12 hours away...

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home