Monday, February 06, 2006

More arooga

So, in work for 7.30.
And by 9.45 I've hit the great wall of apathy. still, I banged out two test strategies for review. And though I say it myself, they are masterpieces of non informative verbage, complete with sufficient typo's to prevent the reviewers having time to question the technical content. Or indeed find it. And now I have just launched a 'I need...who's responsibility is it to provide..' email to assorted managers who I'm fairly sure won't know that: I already have... no one else knows.. and its certainly not documented who is responsible for providing....
So that will do the rounds for an hour or so, and then I take on the responsibility & solve the problem to much management applause.

Meanwhile I am enjoying these.

I also see a lot of blogs are expressing assorted views on the apparently offensive cartoons of the prophet. Well, I wouldn't have ever noticed them if the Muslim (in the loosest sense) extremists had not gone to such lengths to advertise them. Nice one boys. I can't work up a lot of enthusiasm. Denmark is in the free world. Newspapers can publish this stuff if they want. Why they want to is a bit of a mystery, as they are neither well drawn or funny. More of a mystery to me is that people who think its ok to strap a bomb to yourself & go & kill people can get so cross over a mediocre cartoon.
Still, I did enjoy the fact that a group apparently attacked the Norweigan embassy in Syria. Presumably because Norway sounds a bit like Denmark. Nice one lads. If the almighty hands out awards for stupidity your place in heaven is assured.

So lets talk about something important. Beer and rugby. And what a damn good weekend of beer and rugby it was. A fine performance from Italy wobbled a mediocre Ireland. And had O'Driscol been justly carded for stamping, retaliating and generally behaving like a big girls blouse, Italy might have won. Then there was a nice pint or two of Hobsons Best. The English pack was magnificent & the back line was good enough to totally stuff a depleted Welsh side. And On sunday Scotland played out of their skins to beat (and nearly trounce) a much fancied and very disapointing France. And there was more Hobsons. Rather a lot more.
Yet despite the huge responsibility of being a rugby fan and a drunk during the glory that is the six nations, I found time to knock out a birdbox. And it wasn't quick. It took me two and a half hours just to find the chuck key for my drill. Damn those chuck key fairies. Still, despite my inability to use a jigsaw in a straight line it went well, if you like your bird boxes ugly and industrial strength. Aint it a beaut...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Half of me thinks it would be hysterical to have the potential poster with french fries posted in my classroom. The other half is depressed that my students won't understand it.

2:13 AM  
Blogger mal said...

*L* after you description of your work product, I am thinking you have studied at the feet of the Master himself! Dilberts coworker, Wally... He is my hero too.

A thought on suicide bombers? We should encourage them to go young. It should help clean up the gene pool if they do not breed

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home