Monday, February 06, 2006

arooga.

The car alarm went off at 3am. I just got downstairs when it stopped. I just got back to bed when it started again. we played this game for half an hour or so. Eventually it just kept going. So its 3.30 am, and I'm in walking boots and a rather small towel. And I am attempting to fix my car alarm. Which mainly involves kicking the car and using technical phrases such as 'shut up you piece of shit'. But every time I locked the car the alarm went off again. So I left the doors open and went back to bed. And just lay there for a couple of hours trying to sleep but expecting the car alarm to go off, even though I knew it wouldn't. And now its nearly six. and for reasons unknown my alarm clock has just stopped. And if I go to sleep now I will be late for work. And today I cannot be late for work. So I sit and blog.

You see, on thursday I got drunk. really really good and drunk. It was the Monkeys fault. He emailed me to suggest a post work beer. But not, we agreed, a session. Three pints at most and home by 7. So, full of good intent I leave work at five, stroll into oakengates, visit the butchers and arive promptly in the Crown at 4.30. Hmm. 4.30? It takes a bit of figuring. Was there, as I have often suspected, some sort of minor time warp just by the co-op? No. On Thursday they gave me a new PC and the clock was an hour wrong. So I left at four and not one bugger said anything. Not a problem though. I can make up the hour on friday. Only now I have a pint whilst waiting for the Monkey. So then I have three with the Monkey as planned. Only that makes four. Four is bad. After three I still have some will power, a last vestige of control. After three I can leave the pub. But not four. we had another several. Maybe more. It was not pretty or clever.
On friday I crawl into work at 9.30. Not much chance of making up the hour. Worse. I feel so bad I have to go home again at midday and go to bed. So now its monday And I need to do two days work today. And Ive been loosing a battle of wits with the car alarm half the night. I fear its going to be a bad day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home