Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mucus

Apparently this is mucus. Well mine does not look like that. Mine is flourecent green slime with grey green lumps. But what is impressive is the quantity my body is currently producing. I must have snotted out about three gallons at work this morning before they suggested I worked from home for the rest of the day. Of course, its the lack of alcohol in my diet. My immune system has clearly said sod this, and gone to stay with Charlie K until I stop mistreating my body. And who can blame it, being sober is pretty miserable. Still, just 18 days to go...
I also seem to have a wisdom tooth coming through. I'm 40 for christ sake. Where were you 20 years ago when I made my life choices? But oh, no. Happy to leave me with just my dumb teeth for advice. But now, now when my life if firmly in a comfortable rut that no smart tooth is going to move me from, this huge lump of tooth is boring agonisingly through my gum, swelling my face, and preventing me chewing or closing my mouth. And it took me a very uncomfortable moment to figure where the blood in my phlem was coming from. OK, life begins at 40, but I was hoping for just the good bits.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By curious coincidence, I'm investigating polypeptide-derived electrical wiring insulation. I think I'll ask the manufacturers for a full snot breakdown and specification...
...and give up on the ridiculous no drinking regime - it's not big and it's not clever. Listen to your doctor when he says "Stay in the pink with chinkies and drink!"

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home