Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year

Christmas on a beach in Gambia was very nice. Beer, Sun, Food. Lots of food. I would go again if it wasn't for the flight, 5 1/2 hours in a short haul (29" legroom) plane was too painful.
And, the locals were stunning, dark, slim and muscular. The Tourists were pale, flabby, bite covered embarrassment's to the human race. And I am firmly in that second category. So back on the diet. And this time its no Beer for a month. Four days in and I'm already fed up. If I don't reach my target of 14 stone I may go on a killing rampage.

Still, I got a copy of the Guinness book of world records for Christmas. Not had one since I was a kid & its great. For instance, did you know that the larva of the polyphemus moth of north America eats 86000 times its own birth weight in its first 56 days? The equivalent of a 7lb baby eating 273 tonnes!

Spent New year at my house. Excellent party, and an easy trip home. I have to confess that I contributed nothing but the venue & some booze - thanks to those who made it happen, those who came and partied, those who cleared up & those who went home & threw up on their dog!

Merk and Walts photos are here:
Merks Pics
Walt's pics

Since I have just spent 2 hours trying to get my pictures on to flickr and failing miserably you wont get to see them. But as they appear to have been taken by a drunk your not missing much. Ok, Ok, here's one...


Off to the Crown to drink orange juice. Yum Yum (sobs).

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Welcome back!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Nice legs.

2:46 PM  
Blogger BigDaddyMerk said...

Cheers, They're mine.

10:48 PM  
Blogger M is for... said...

ORM - I must ask, where in this creation did you find that shirt?
Welcome Home and Happy New Year!

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MN - and matching trousers. Tailor made in The Gambia no less.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg.. was there no pussy at your party?

You need to fire your event co-ordinator

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home