Thursday, September 29, 2005

Freaks and weirdo's


So, I felt like death all day. Not because I drunk too much last night. Although I certainly did. But because in amongst the nectar that is Hobsons best there were a couple of very nasty chemical beers in the theatre bar. I think its safe to say that my employer did not get their moneys worth today. I decided that I would forgo alcohol for a couple of days and dry out. However, after an hour of searching for my car keys this morning I realized that they were in my coat, which was still hanging in the Crown. So I had to go back tonight.

And its the bi-annual beer festival. The pub is crowded with freaks and wierdo's. I mean, different freaks and weirdo's from usual. and more. Many more. Still, I forced myself to the bar and supped an ale or two. As always the Crown is a learning experience. I learnt that some of weirdy beardy Howards scrap metal and leather fetish friends have taken to perusing this site. welcome all. I learn that councilor Norris is opening a gambling den and gay lap dancing club somewhere in the vicinity soon. I learn something instantly forgettable about bus routes from mad H. And on the way home I reminded myself why you should not eat kebabs sober.

So. I'm posting a picture of my gonk knife for no good reason. ok?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You posting that whacko knife pic means that although I may recognise you in the Crown or the street, I probably won't introduce myself. Stick to the cuttlefish.

www.telford-live.com

10:43 PM  
Blogger M is for... said...

Really, you should submit this entry to a travel site or the Telford Bureau of Tourism - I know I'm ready to pack my bags this instant!

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich - having spent most of the night at the crown beer festival and then being called out to look at a demolished railway bridge in coalbrookdale - just thought i would say hello

I am a mad Jock so you will understand

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah-hey! Today I will be re-crowned as I take my pennies jar for another sojourn across country. Frighteningly, seeing OMR will be a high point in my weekend social calendar. To cheer him up, I've bought him a book about cats as a not-quite house-warming present. For all readers of this blog, come to the Crown today and let's get blogged and bladdered together!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich,
Having witnessed the marmalade pennies jar with the distinct aroma of vindaloo and drinking copious amounts of Stowford Press in the company of yourself,Wee Shooey and Tim last night I have decided to revert to true granny type this evening by staying in to recover with my knitting needles! Please try and remember when you have read the section on bereavement in your new cat book, before you throw it on the wood burner, a true cat lover would like a read first!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the festival, not a bad thing really is it...? I do miss the man with very nice hair though ( un-crowned) I am back now and will drink in the den of the crown until eternity!!!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird, scrap metal? Gadzooks! Torque wrenches at ten paces tomorrow at dawn, please.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home