Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Stuck again

There has been a spate of 'gone missing' from our office of late. Laptops, projectors, and even a TS30 (no I don't know what that is either)have vanished. Now, my small plastic yak has gone awol. So I am attempting to make a substitute by glueing the prongs from a plastic fork to a rubber (meaning eraser before you comment)and somehow I superglue my hand to my interesting rock. This is not as bad as glueing myself to the desk as I can still get to the drinks machine. So I'm getting a tea, rock in hand, and up walks my boss and asks how its going. "well" I reply in my best positive, deadlines will be met, honest voice, "I've just glued my hand to this rock". He shakes his head and walks away. I dont think its gonna be a great pay review this year.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Panic over, I have found the Yak. :-)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Anna Pet said...

teee hee hee this is a fun story. The only problem I can find with your blog is that when I read it at work it makes me laugh too much at my desk and people think I am nuts....I suppose that is MY problem though not yours...Thank you for being so fun ;-)

Anna

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich does no work at all, starts at 10, finishes at 4 has a two hour lunch.....disgraceful!!!

Anyway its nearly lunch time so ~I'm off to the beach. Miss the crown though :0(

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally, ignore the Monkey - the miracle is that it talks, you can't expect it to make sense.
My job has times of frantic panic and huge pressure, interspersed with quiet periods used for reflection and meditation. Admittedly the current lull has lasted the best part of two years but I am expecting a fan/excrement scenario any day now.
Kat, I suspect that people think your nuts because your nuts. But thats not always a bad thing. :-)
Monkey - the Crown misses you too.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home