Tuesday, August 16, 2005

just drinking in the rain...

So, the annual meat and beer fest that is my BBQ happened on Saturday. And It chucked it down. Yup, one day of rain in the last month and I have a BBQ. So Gaz, Kiki, real Dougie & myself constructed a woefully inadequate shelter out of 2x1 and tarps and got very wet doing it. Fortunately the barrel of beer had been delivered by Kiki so I was relatively happy. So by the time people arrived I was already well on my way. With the foresight that comes with age I had booked Scottish Dougie to cook so I did nothing, just sat in the rain with my friends having a good time. At eight we abandoned and went to the pub (many thanks to Jo for looking after the children and mad dog). The pub is a little hazy in my mind I must confess. Then we came back and sat up until 3am drinking, because I really hadn’t drunk enough already. Anyway, I had a good time and many thanks to everyone who helped or turned up and sat in the rain being good company.
Was woken at 6am by Cabij’s children. Oh joy. On Sunday Kiki & Gaz cleared up the devastation whilst I sat and moaned. Then went to the town park with my Bro’, sis-in-law and their lunatic children. Took the kids to poundland (everything’s a pound at poundland) which is the really only reason they come to see Uncle Rich. Then played cricket in the garden with Matti, who belted the first ball over the fence & into next doors conservatory. Oops. Finally everyone except Gaz had left (I love them all, but with a hangover?) and we slept in front of the cricket. Ahhh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a great time as usual. Far to drunk as usual. Will things ever change?

John J

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be a lame cricketer if you can't get Matti out with the first ball!

P.S. Did not realise how expensive things were at poundland!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should have been a catch -I was let down by my fielder who momentarily took his eye of the ball to hit a bench with a plastic golf club.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home