Monday, January 11, 2010

Tolerance

Its the Saturday before Christmas.
So, its carol singers and mince pies at the crown.
Deb has spent hours making her mincemeat & baking. OMR knocks some mince pies up.
And , OMR takes first place in the mince pie competition. Deb is unplaced. Its fair to say Rich gloats.
And has a celebratory ale or two.
And a little girl from the local paper awards me with my master baker certificate. And I give her a kiss. Possibly a little more enthusiastically than she is entirely happy with. She looks a bit shocked. So I do it again. :-)

Of course, I make it up to Deb at Christmas - by leaving her at home whilst I go to Gambia with Dad & Anna.

You can keep your white christmas. 35 and sunny. Now thats festive.

Some people may wonder why Deb puts up with me. Its because I'm damned pretty.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Oh yeah, the OMR is cold riffing!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Moonroot said...

Glad you're back, glad you're happy. Can't help but feel a bit sorry for Deb...

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So damned pretty??? As your landlord, I demand a second opinion (and a third!). As for kissing Chrissie on getting your certificate, we were all watching Deb's reaction! No wonder you pushed off to the Gambia!

John

12:14 AM  
Anonymous meshack said...

Deb has spent hours making her mincemeat & baking. OMR knocks some mince pies up.And , OMR takes first place in the mince pie competition, its amaazing

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home