Monday, March 10, 2008

Can we fix it?

So, I’m laying a laminate floor in my kitchen. And, despite the fact that my DIY skills are nil & there are numerous difficult cuts required I am, due to financial constraints, doing this all by myself.

Having totally screwed up the first few cuts I decided to invest in a workbench. Some assembly required. So I assembled it on Saturday night after a day in the pub watching England fail to play rugby. Now, the law of averages says I should have got at least one bit right. But no, in the harsh light of Sunday morning it becomes apparent that I have the legs the wrong way round so they slope inwards instead of outwards. The top is back to front and even the braces are upside-down. Ho hum. Still rather than fix it I decide to press on. And, surprisingly, the floor is looking ok. So its taken an age, there has been a certain amount of language, but its ¾ laid & looking alright.

But I have accidently sawn the end off the top of my new workbench.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done mate. "Language" is the only constant in the world of DIY - I'm still bloody tiling four months after starting.

Mind you, it's better for me because at least we won the Calcutta Cup...

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the less said about the Calcutta Cup the better un-crowned. p.s. Hows the hangover?

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

serves you right not only p***** after the rugby but also spent all night looking at my wifes boobs.
Ha Ha

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home