Wednesday, January 03, 2007

splish splash splosh

I just cant stop scratching. I suspect I may be allergic to my shower gel. Of course, I am too mean to throw it out and buy something different. But its driving me nuts. Or maybe I just have nits. I mean , how can you tell? Of course, if the red marks, scabs and sores are not a product of my constant scratching, but are in fact a symptom, then it may well be bubonic plague.

On a more pleasant note I spent half an hour at daybreak this morning in the yard watching about a dozen sparrows washing in my pond. Damn they looked like they were having a good time. I was tempted to join them. I think the Romans had it right with the whole communal bathing thing. We all need someone to scrub our back. And share our hideous rash.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cynnie said...

I am allergic to most things..
the wrong soap and I'm a huge weeping oozing sore.


Get rid of the soap you moron!!
kisses!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. If you have red marks and scabs your scratching a lot and very hard. Thats like a side effect of itching. does that make sense? ha ha, never mind.

Head lice prefer to do there damage in specific areas. If your itching specificly in the back and sides of your head there is a good chance that you have lice. But if thats you in the picture then your hair is not really long enough for you to have lice. Lice prefer to live in hair thats about 4 inches long.

You don't actually need "soap" to clean your hair. If you scrub your scalp enough with your finger tips you can get away with just using water. If your hair tends to be oily you may try a vinegar rinse (wait until your scalp heals first).

Sorry, its just the ex hairdresser coming out in me.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Some people aren't allergic to the actual product itself as they are the dyes in that product. Maybe you have an allergy to Red #40 or other dyes they put in products. Try getting a shower gel with no dyes in it.

Or, if you're like me, humidity can affect your skin. When it's dry outside, my legs itch all the time. I have to apply a body cream or lotion on my skin if it's dry outside.

2:44 PM  
Blogger M is for... said...

I nice oatmeal bath and oatmeal stout and you'll be AAAAAAAAAAALL better.

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what good advice (all of the above). Especially since I hear you British men are too macho to go to the doctor. But if you've got anything contagious, isn't it wonderful that we can't catch it from you over the internet?

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year you minger .ps sammy went to school for show and share

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home