Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

So, on new years day I largely failed to make it out of bed. On reflection, starting drinking at noon on new years eve was a mistake. I have to accept that I can no longer consume the quantity of alcohol that I did in my youth. Still I clearly remember singing auld lang syne. Unfortunately that was at four in the afternoon as we were ejected from the Crown. So a few of the beautiful people popped back to Chez Rich for a much needed (?) between drinks drink. And at seven we returned to the Crown. Its not a good sign when your staggering on the way in. The evening is more than a little hazy, but I have this vague and horrible recollection that I was wearing a blond wig an a dress at some point.

Nooooooo……

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Are there any incriminating photos out there?

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You promised you'd phone me, darling...

I'll never forget your rosy cheeks and your winking eye...

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been holding my tongue, but here's what I read just yesterday in my textbook (one of the green ones in the middle). "Excessive alcohol consumption is strongly associated with hypertension. Consumption of three or more alcoholic drinks daily is a risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Hypertensive patients who drink alcohol should be advised to limit their alcohol intake to 1 oz per day (the amount of alcohol in 2 oz of 100-proof whiskey, 8 oz of wine, or 24 oz of beer)...Excessive alcohol consumption is the most frequent cause of secondary hypertension in the United States." There--if you aren't annoyed, I'll assume you're mildly amused. Oh, and there's 30 ml in 1 oz.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home