Monday, January 08, 2007

I don't like mondays

On Friday I was pretty much snowed under at work. My fortnight of procrastination finally caught up. I really needed to work late. I fully intended to work late. Working late was the plan. But around 4pm there was this little voice started that started calling me . “Rich, Rich, help meee, please Rich, I need you to help meee”. I looked around the office, clearly no one else could here this voice. So I climbed under my desk, because talking to invisible voices is considered strange, where as hiding from your boss under your desk is fairly standard office practice. “please Rich, you must help meee” the voice continued. Since it wasn’t the usual voice, the one that says “kill them, kill them all Rich. Kill them all and do it now” I decided to respond. “who are you?” I asked. “I am a pint of Hobsons, trapped in a barrel at the Crown Rich. I need to be drunk in order to for fill my purpose in life. Only you are worthy Rich. Please help meee. Please come to the pub and drink meee”.

Well what can you do. I drunk several pints, just to be sure I got the right one.

This morning I got in late. There are 20 urgent emails in my inbox & apparently my boss is in Telford today. So I’m back under my desk. And the ‘other’ voice is starting to convince me…

2 Comments:

Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

I've heard a similar voice coming from the beer in my refrigerator. I hope you found the one!

1:56 PM  
Blogger M is for... said...

As you hide in your cube, be proud that you where able to help that little pint fulfill isn't meaning and purpose on this planet. You've help facilitate excellent karma out unto the world

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home