Monday, July 11, 2005

Diary- 10 July 2005

Dam. Left my firewall off by mistake and now my computer has MSRA. The main symptoms seem to be that my background has been replaced with a web page offering me spyware protection and my computer pops up a little message saying “warning you are infected with a virus” every 30 seconds. Yes, I know.

So this week I embarked upon a new diet plan. Initially this was to be as much fruit as I want during the day and a low calorie pre-packed salad at night. Unfortunately on Monday I popped into the crown for a post work drink with old Bob and the evil beer monkey spoke. Now, we have all suffered from the evil beer monkey. That invisible presence that sits on your shoulder and whispers in your ear: “more beer. Go on. Drink more beer”. Unfortunately, in the Crown the evil beer monkey has taken on human form and is otherwise known as Fella. So, I got drunk. Fortunately the Chinese is closed on Mondays. Unfortunately I got home and ate all five pre-packed salads. Still, despite this setback and a kebab incident on Wednesday I had lost quarter of a stone by Friday. However, I don’t diet at weekends so its back on again now.

On Saturday Austin, Stavros and Fulla came round to eat pizza, drink beer and watch the Lions get their arses kicked by the All Blacks for the last time. Then I pottered in the garden and slept in front of the telly. Off to Lynn and Johns for multiple birthday/anniversary celebrations in the evening. Much beer and singing and good times had. Returned on Sunday. More pizza, more sleep in front of the telly. Pub.

Looks like I have sold my house. Just waiting for a damp report on my potential new home but if that’s ok its all happening. Hooray. With luck I will soon be the proud owner of a cellar, wood burning stove and outside toilet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home