Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sometimes

Today the G8 summit started. And I hoped. On Saturday the world spoke with one voice, and it seemed our leaders and bankers were listening. And I really believed that history would be made, That the first small steps to making poverty history would be taken. That the world could and would become a better place.

And they bombed London.

And at least fortyfive are dead, and thousands injured. And its selfish and wrong but now I'm just hoping, none of my friends. No one I know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I phoned Dave and he's fine. So is Jeff, Sharon's dad. They tried to get into London but were turned away at the station or something. Gary phoned and said he was contacting Shaun.

John

12:56 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Saw this post from you:
There is no comfort I can offer. We must try to ensure this doesn't happen again.I don't know what the answer is. I know what the answer isn't.

And I don't know what to say except Yes. Molly Bloom style.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home