Wednesday, May 28, 2008

These boots were made...

...for holding large quantities of water apparently.
On Saturday Myself & Monkey set of to walk the long Mynd.
I slapped on the sun cream, squeezed my belly over the wasteband of my shorts an prepared for a pleasant stroll across the sun kissed moor. I should have been suspicious when Monkey turned up in full waterproofs, gloves and a wooly hat. It blew a gale & pissed down.
Despite this the walk across the bottom & up ashes hollow was fairly pleasant, if a little damp. But on the top it was grim. My cagaul ceased to be waterproof. My boots filled with water. My legs turned a very strange shade of pink.
Then the map turned to pulp. And some how we got turned around and couldnt find Carding mill valley. Eventually we came down the road. Safe to say I was not a happy camper.
Still a dozen pints of hobsons and last place in the Crown pub quiz put me in a better frame of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home