Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Warwick, pronounced Warrick

Went with Granny & my nephew & neice to Warwick castle on monday. Its a beautiful castle started in 1068 by willie the conc & added & extended and rebuilt through to the 17 Century.




They have the worlds biggest working trebuchette (although it may be the worlds only working trebuchette) and we had a fun display by some bowmen using long bows of the type that slaughtered the French in the 100 year war. There were also singing plague victims, a goul (who accused me of being smelly) and assorted armour, waxworks of castle life and some very steep narrow and dark spiral stairs which I did not enjoy at all.

The kids then had a go at archery (at tourist prices). Then Mathew saw a bow and arrow in the gift shop (at tourist prices) and proceded to whine for four hours about how much he wanted it. Finally (since they arn't mine & I can't give them the belting they require - spoilt little brats) I finally secumbed & bought them each a bow and arrow. When we got back to Grannies they had a fun fifteen minutes playing with said bows before deciding they'd rather watch cartoons. Ho Hum.
Still, I enjoyed the castle & had fun watching granny turn blue with cold. A smashing day out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great day out. Did you go into the haunted tower ?

Shat my pants I did!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home