Sunday, November 05, 2006

where did summer go?

This week saw our first frosts. And I didn’t have the greenhouse heater on, but I think everything has survived. Spent yesterday morning in the garden. The fuchias and geraniums have been lifted, the bedding plants have been ripped out & I’m ready to start on phase 2 of the garden. Almost. Unfortunately the damn house still need stuff doing. Like a bathroom. Well, there is some progress. It now has ceilings & walls and most of a floor. I painted the ceiling this morning. And, without realising, much of my face. So when I came to the office the security guard had a good laugh at me. Anyway, I aim to fit the new ceiling lights this afternoon. And assuming I survive electrocution I can then go to the pub & watch England get spanked by the All Blacks. Yesterday saw Wales and Australia provide a feast of exciting rugby in a 29 all tie. Unfortunately I don’t see today’s match being quite as good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Have you bought a new toilet yet? Is it pink?

Is keeping a greenhouse a lot of work? I've thought about getting one. They seem awfully expensive too... what kind do you have?

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a new toilet. It is, of course, white. Its also still in its box in my livingroom.

I have two 8 foot by 6 foot greenhouses. aluminium with horticultural (ie cheap, recycled & dangerous for children) glass. Thats about as cheap as you get over head. I think the were about £250 each. Apart from cleaning them once a year they are as much work as you want them to be. (Its also only work if you dont enjoy it.)
The main cost is if you want to keep stuff in them over winter, then you need to heat them. Parrafin is cheap but messy & so I have mine wired up for electric.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home