Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm a speed king

Returning from Tamworth along the A5 is a joy. Its ridden with speed cameras. Now I approve of speed cameras. Speeding is a crime. You deserve to get caught & fined. Don’t speed, its wrong. And normally I don’t. But the speed limit on the A5 varies the whole way which makes it a complete bastard. There is even one hundred yard stretch where it’s a 30 zone. I know this now. On Wednesday I didn’t. I saw the big yellow box. I checked my speed, well under 40mph. And Flash, Bang, what a picture. I particularly enjoyed the fact that all the lorries in the jam going the other way proceeded to flash their lights, honk their horns & give me assorted gestures’ ranging from thumbs up, through V ‘s to some signals that I will have to check up in the highway code. So I’m expecting a brown envelope and my first points any day now.

8 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

The A5 is one of my favourite roads in the world.

You were blessed to drive it.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa whoa! I think we're all forgetting what a fine job the A47 does. If there's a better way of getting as far as possible from the badlands of Swaffham I've yet to hear about it.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

What does the A stand for?

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,
Thanks Rich, Not laughed so much for ages. Only 9 points to go and your off the road.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

not sure the A stands for anything. You get primary (A) roads, secondary (B) roads & unclassified roads. You also get M roads. which are motorways. Where the M does in fact stand for Motorway.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in your case the A is for arse. x

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I thought you were built for comfort.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

The A606 is also badass...

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home