Thursday, August 03, 2006

looking for adventure

Ok. Let us gloss over last nights landboat test. Suffice to say that Mattie and Emma met with a certain degree of sucess. And I didn't.

Today we went to the west Midlands Safari Park. And it was a great morning. We saw tigers chewing the antelopes that failed the medical, we were mugged by llamas and a giraffe put its head through the sun roof. Oh for a girl with a tongue like that. Unfortunately there was an afternoon, with rides. I took Gaz the dwarf with us so that at least I only had to accompany one child rather than doing each ride twice. And on the flying elephant ride Emma & I could only go half as high as anyone else. something to do with the weight. Oh just give me a fat sign why dont you.







5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giraffes are my favourite animal, basically because if you really look at them they just don't make sense.

Evolution gone mad.

I want to go to the zoo, take me next time.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Lovely photos! I love going to the zoo! If you're ever in the States, I highly recommend the Houston zoo.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I especially like the look of terror on your face during the log ride.

How do you get a giraffe out of the road? Do you honk at it, or is it like a goose who will just be interested by the honking and less likely to move?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

What a fun uncle! Do you want to borrow my kids for a few days?

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best adventure is in Kenya.The Beaches are fantastic,the National parks are great,the Mountaind are beautiul and the people great!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home