Tuesday, May 16, 2006

wheeee

My father kindly bought me a new bed for a houswarming present. And it has arrived. And its huge. I'm sure it wasn't that big in the shop. I'm 6'2" and I struggle to get on to it. Short people will need a ladder. It also has very low friction coasters. And my bedroom has a laminate floor that, like everything at chez Rich is far from level. So every time I move at night the bed takes off across the room. This means its important to switch off the bedside lamp before getting into bed. Reach out an arm once your in bed and the bed skates away and only stops when the lamp is completely out of reach. This morning the bed had somehow turned through 90 degrees & was pressed up against the wardrobe. Still, it adds a frisson of excitement to the waking up process.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you need now is Angela Lansbury and some crap 60's animation and you could be on for some hot Bedknobs'n'Broomsticks action.

Or you could just end up a slightly nearer the wardrobe.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

But is it comfortable?

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find a short girl - at least she'll never be able to escape.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

you know, they have little doohickeys to slide under the feet of your bed to stop that from happening :-)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home