Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Walking for dummies
















On Monday Monkey, Walter, the Chin & myself set of to walk the Long Mynd for a couple of hours. After about three yards we left Walt to play with his tripod and worry sheep. Up on the hills it was bloody freezing. And soon we realized we should have bought a map.
We could see the attractive valley we thought we should be in. Unfortunately it was no where near the desolate wilderness where we found ourselves. Still, there was this 'path'. I use the term lightly. It had been walked by a sheep. Once. A long time ago. Fools that we are, down we went. And amazingly, we made it into the valley. Only it was not the leisurely walk we anticipated. The path kept vanishing into the river. On we battled. And lo. It was the wrong valley. And we had a five mile hike up the road to the car. So we were somewhat later than planned getting to the crown. But we still managed to achieve a fair degree of drunk. A grand day out.






11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great day out! We can do it all again next bank holiday!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's Wally ?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I'm going to be walking a hel of a lot further than you bitch!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich, your blog does view properly in Firefox. It looks like it would if you made it after a night in the Crown. ;-)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

I have no idea what firefox is. But I fully understand your need for anonimity - if your not microsoft the Bill Gates mind police will be on your trail....

3:06 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

despite the inadvertant detour, sounds lovely overall. i need to spend some more time outdoors. darn this office job....

10:05 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

OMR your hair is getting foppish.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DHG, your hair is getting thin, very thin indeed.

baldy bouncer

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was working with Microsoft last week in Reading, that's why I needed to be "anonymous" with my comment on Firefox just in case they tagged me or something. The M$oft tag also made me error, I meant that it does not display properly in Firefox.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

FUCK YOU BRIAN MAY!

My hair is in great nick.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Anna Pet said...

Good job boys sounds like a wonderful adventure and it looks like you made it too the pub alright ;-)

I am glad that fun was had by all

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home