Sunday, June 24, 2007

frogs



This is my wildlife pond. Its a bit overgrown at the moment - I will do a bit of thining out next month. But, you must say its a pretty desirable residence for frogs. Unfortunately, frogs aren't bright. Thats why you rarely see them on TV quiz shows. So I am laying a few more slabs round by the greenhouse & there's a baby frog. Just hanging out on the wrong side of the tracks as it were. Now, by rights I just ought to slab over him. Survival of the brightest. Thats evolution happening right there in patio slab death slo mo. But the little frog is so cute. So I catch him and take him back to the pond.
Just about to lay a slab when I spot another. And another. I spent the best part of an hour ferrying baby frogs back to the pond. By which time they were looking considerably less cute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tea said...

So tiny! I love hearing the frogs croak in the evening. We have tons of them. Big and fat and green, that go plop plop into the water as you walk by.

tea
xo

10:10 AM  
Blogger M is for... said...

You're a good egg, Charlie Brown!
I don't think I've thought a frog could be so tiny.

Your last comment about how over time, they become less cute -- my exact sentaments towards my upstairs neighbors time-telling-deficient, no bed time having brood

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home