Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Every day is a learning experience


So, today Mattie and Emma learnt that rather than looking for a piece of lego they could repeatedly scream 'Rich, theres a piece missing'. Eventually Uncle Rich would break, get up from his comfy chair in front of the TV, treck to the room in which the children were imprisoned, point to the required piece, or sometimes, if I couldn't spot it, tell them that they were sitting on it (they always were). Then I would treck back & wait for them to start screaming again. I'm going off lego.

Today uncle Rich is learning that giving seven year olds a chocolate bar as a bed time snack is a mistake. And if they get up one more time I'm going to gaffer tape them to their beds and human rights be damned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Assuming that they don't tape you up first . . .

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

At what point should I start to worry that maybe the kids did get the better of you?

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J. they may be cleverer, but I am still stronger. Violence works.

MGS. The Dad thing would involve sex, and I try not to sweat anymore. As far as I know Sue has not dropped. Due tonight (halloween) & Chris was not in the Crown so maybe.

SG. No

J. I choose to think of it as a draw.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home