Monday, October 24, 2005

ahhhhh, or do I mean Arrrrggggg?



So, Chez Rich is still semi derelict and the builders are in. Austin is knocking bits down. I am still half un packed and its half term so my nephew and neice are staying for a few days. My Bro & sister in law & their youngest were up at the weekend, but they have left and its just me & santa's little helpers. Or should that be satans? On sunday we attacked the nettles in the garden. The nettles won. So we decided to play inside. And the lights went out. Oh joy.

Today we went to the safari park. If you feed (with food provided) some of the animals its quite exciting. We had a zebra stick its head right in the car & dribble over me & Mattie got licked by a Yak. Then there are rides. The kids are six. And between 1 and 1.2 meters tall. Which means they can go on all sorts of unpleasant and terrifying rides if accompanied by an adult. Emma in particular liked som worryingly large roller coasters. She particularly liked the fact that I was terrified. Then we found the log flume. Because it wasn't busy, each time we got to the end the kids screamed 'once more' and before I could stop the attendant we were off again. Scary and unpleasantly wet.

Anyway. Were back. Its well past bed time, but if I keep them up late they sleep until seven in the morning rather than six. I refused to watch Wind in the Willows for a third time. (one more rendition of 'toad comes home' by tuneles hyper children may tip me over the edge).

Thank the gods for lego...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Cute kids. If only everyone had an Uncle Rich.

9:53 PM  
Blogger M is for... said...

the beauty of the niece/nephew is to have all the fun of having kids but the ability to give them away at some point.

I look forward to the day when my nephews come visit and Aunty Maggi has served them Chocolate Chip Waffles with butter and syrup and a tall glass of Diet Coke to wash it down just before retuning home to Mum and Dad =)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Awwwwwww!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Awwwww...Cute Kids!!!

They're lucky to have an uncle like you.

But Rich, the most important tool a caregiver has is alcohol. Use it. It will guide you.

you're welcome

(previous comment deleted for spelling error)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Anna Pet said...

That's darling, they are adorable they are lucky to have an uncle rich to terrorize for the sole benefit of their delight.

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home