Monday, January 07, 2008

on Beetles

As regular readers will know I am disturbed by beetles. Well, not by beetles, I am not a beetleaphobe. Its Beetle statistics. Things like species of beetles 300000 +, species of humans 1. So I’m reading an article about how Beetles have been around since the Jurrasic period, seriously pre dating flowering plants and it slips in that a quarter of all living things on the planet today are beetles. That’s one in four living things is a beetle. And there were four of us in the lift this morning. See where I’m going. One of those ‘people’ is a beetle in a cunning body suit. Got four children? Well, statistically you have three children and one beetle changeling. And I bet you can tell which one it is!

But, funnily, this doesn’t disturb me. Suddenly life makes a lot more sense. Paul, John, Ringo & George, not Beatles, but Beetles. Tony Blaire, clearly a beetle. Putin, yup, a six legger in disguise. Jacques Chirac – not a beetle, just French. George Bush, 100% roach in a costume. And as for all my ex girlfriends, that whole trying to bite my head off after sex thing., now I understand.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not trying to bite your head off! I knitted one instead of pearling one. I was just correcting myself you dumbo!

And.......don't forget to wake me when you have finished next time. Good Grief

12:12 AM  
Blogger A Margarita said...

LOL. You do know that beetles will outlive us all us mere humans?

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all your ex-girlfriends may have tried to kill you but trust me, thats not the reason.
x

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOTH your ex-girlfriends, Rich, BOTH of them...

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home